One of the best qualities of Matcha is its broad array of uses. The fact that it is such a potent powder, just adding a very small amount of Matcha can make a huge difference in upping flavor and nutrition into some of your already common recipes. Here are a few of our favorites:
Matcha Green Drink Smoothie
- - 1 teaspoon of Matcha MarketPlace Matcha
- 1/2 banana
- - 1 cup of milk or preferred milk product
- - 1 inch of ginger root
- - 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- - 2 cups blueberries
- - 2 cups of spinach
- - 2 ice cubes
2 minutes in blender and enjoy!
Matcha Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- 1 Stick of Softened Butter
- 1 cup Coconut Palm Sugar (or Brown Sugar)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Oat Flour (Blend 1 1/3 cups of oats to make oat flour)
- 1/3 cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 4 packages of Matcha MarketPlace Blueberry Coconut Matcha Oatmeal
Set oven at 350. Cream butter with sugar, add egg and vanilla. Mix together until combined. In another bowl sift together flour, flax seed, baking soda and salt. Once combined, add Matcha Oatmeal. Spoon heaping tablespoons on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Makes 1 dozen.
*Any of our Matcha Oatmeal flavors can be substituted.